We made it to Korea!! Our luggage, however, did not. It should get here this evening.
Anyway, summary of the day(s):
Drove 2 hours to Chicago
Flew 4 hours to LA (we actually got to go outside, so I can say that I've been there now!)
Flew 12 hours to Seoul
Drove 3 hours to Cheongju
There's nothing quite like a 12 hour flight to kill the magic and excitement of flying. I remember the first time I flew, I had been looking forward to it for weeks. I loved being in the air port, with my boarding pass and my carry on. I made sure I sat by the window so I could stare out at the clouds, and I kept getting told that I was being too loud. Oh, to be 18 again.
I got to use the squatty potty for the first time today. We stopped at a rest stop on our way to Cheongju, which was quite different than any american rest stop I've been to. There was like a big Korean fast food restaurant and there were like hundreds of people there.
Ok, that's about all I have. We're planning on going to church today and going to a buffet after that for lunch to try out lots of Korean foods.
1 comment:
Hey Dawn, glad to hear you made it ok. Julie and Keith are concerned about your luggage. You should keep us updated on the status of your things. Hope you have a good experience with the cuisine.
Post a Comment