Chronicles of my adventures and random thoughts

In conclusion

Greetings from outer space. I have been safely home for about 40 hours or something like that. I'm not really sure, I slept for a long time, and then I didn't sleep for a long time, and now I'm tired. The long flight actually went really well; we got to sit together and I watched the new Star Trek movie which was awesome. I also read letters that Tommy and Cherry had sent with me to read on the plane and those made me real happy.

In true academic form, I feel I should exercise my summarizing skills in regards to this trip. So here is the list I made on the plane of my favorite things about Korea (or at least my experience in Korea).

1) The people. We met a lot of really friendly people and they were really cool (except that one guy on the bus that yelled at us).
2) Korean Barbecue - the food and the sitting on the floor aspect
3) Mountains
4) Lotte Mart on Saturday when they give free samples of everything
5) Public transportation
6) Ice cream - they have it everywhere for cheap
7) Their Eco-friendliness. They have a lot of motion-sensing lights and good public transportation, among other things . . .
8) Like really nice parks dotted throughout the city.
9) Going shoeless. I really like taking my shoes off the moment I walk in the door.
10) Hanging out in mountain streams, aka "kego"
11) T-shirts with "English" on them. Sometimes they make sense, sometimes they don't.
12) Smoothies made to order from fresh fruit
13)Eating with chopsticks - I've actually gotten pretty good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment