Chronicles of my adventures and random thoughts

Happy Birthday Dad

For anyone who didn't know, today is my dad's birthday.

Today was a fantastic day of experiencing Korea. My host family and I loaded up and headed out to what they called the "valley". I didn't really know what we were doing, only that the kids had their swimsuits and they packed stuff like we were going to the beach. It turns out it was a little bit like going to the beach, only ten times better. After driving around for a while, and stopping to look at a few different places, we climbed down across this mountain stream and found a spot under a bridge in the shade. It was gorgeous, with the stream in front of us and mountains on either side of us. We did some exploring up the stream and had a picnic lunch there.

Our lunch consisted of something called kimbop and ramen noodles. I think the American equivalent to kimbop would a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It's something they pack for picnics or when they're hiking and its something pretty much everyone likes. It has rice and vegetables and I'm not really sure what else wrapped up in seaweed.

For dinner we went to another barbecue, which is one of my favorite things about Korea.

In other news, I would like to thank Kevin once again for my Kindle. I've been using it a lot. Right now I am reading Anna Karenina and I'm pretty hooked on it. I have a lot of down time when I'm at the apartment, so that's what I've been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment