Chronicles of my adventures and random thoughts

Rain, public transportation, and barbecue

I don't really have much to say about the last few days. It's been raining here for two days, which means that I woke up early this morning for nothing. I was going to go out for a run, but it was pouring and I didn't think it'd be nice to come back to the apartment with my clothes dripping everywhere. Hopefully tomorrow morning will be better.

Last night I rode the bus by myself for the first time to save money on taking a taxi across town. The bus took me closer to the apartment but I still had to get a taxi the rest of the way. It was a little scary since I didn't have any idea what I was doing and I can't really read any of the street signs or names of the bus stops. But I made it. And it was cheaper.

Funny tidbit of the day: One of the other teachers had told her students that my last name was Heckman, and one student thought she said "hangman" (which the kids love to play, by the way), so that's what he calls me every time he sees me.

Cool Korean cultural experience: Yesterday we went to dinner at a Korean barbecue, which actually doesn't taste like what we consider barbecue. But it was fantastic. We sat on the floor on mats and ate lots of really good meat. And then some ice cream.

Anyway, I just finished playing a Sudoku game with Tommy, and now I'm headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment