Chronicles of my adventures and random thoughts

Tuesday

Tuesday was pretty fantastic. The kids in my class were wonderfully behaved, and when we went ice skating there were a bunch of other kids there that we got to meet, and laughed at us when we talked. After work we tried to go to the JikJi museum, but it was closed. I'd explain what that is, but my host family is taking me there Sunday, so I'll probably talk about it then. So we went to the big shopping plaza and had smoothies and bratwursts (not quite the German kind, but they were good). They have these great little smoothie stands where they make the smoothies out of the actual fresh fruit. We shopped around and then went to Home Plus (their version of Walmart). On my way home I had yet another interesting experience with the buses, I had to get off and wait 20 minutes while they refueled and cleaned the bus.

Wednesday

Here's some quick highlights:
I ate dried sardines for lunch today. I ate a big bite before I realized they weren't noodles. But it was good.

Some of the other foreign teachers made dinner for us all tonight, and it was fantastic.

One of the boys in my class is obsessed with the word "kill", and thought it was hilarious to cover up the "s" in "skill".

I'm really enjoying it here, and I feel like I'm finally getting used to things here. I really like the kids here, even if they are out of control most of the time. I like a lot of the food, now that most of my tastebuds have been burned off.

No comments:

Post a Comment