Today was one of those days that I look back on and ask, “Am I really getting paid for this?” Granted, we don’t get paid much, but I definitely would have done today for free. It basically went like this: play in the dirt and rain, lunch, play games, supper, play more games.
It was raining again this morning, as usual. However, since we are so Ameri(hard)corps, we were not deterred from our plans of cleaning out an old cabin in the woods and recreating the path to it. The cabin is going to be used by the recreation therapy interns for their cool Halloween shindig they are planning for the kids. Let’s just say that what we did definitely could have made it onto Discovery Channel’s Dirty Jobs.
The afternoon was spent playing several fun icebreaker games so that we will have lots of ideas of things to do with the kids when we have time to fill. Here’s some of the things we did: drew pictures on other people’s backs, played a game of Mafia, wrapped an entire roll of tape around us, and navigated an obstacle course as a “cell” (I had the role of protoplasm).
Also, I found out about a local running club that I am almost definitely going to get involved in. It seems like a really friendly group who like to run trails when possible. I've been doing a decent amount of running on my own and with a few of the other Corps members who like to work out, but it will be great to have some people to do long runs with and to be in the know about local races.
And to top of the day, we played two intense games of ultimate Frisbee. So all in all, a great day.
Chronicles of my adventures and random thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wp Theme by Promiseringsdesigns | Blogger Template by Anshul
Filed Under :
Thursday, October 8, 2009
No comments:
Post a Comment