Chronicles of my adventures and random thoughts

Ameri( )corps

"What is this thing called 'Americorps'?" you might ask. Well, let me tell you. It's all summed up by our motto, "We get things done." Pretty vague, I know.

To clarify things, I've come up with a new name that is a little more descriptive. I actually can't take credit for this new term, because it was actually introduced to me by the one and only Alayna Pietsch. And probably used by hundreds of people before that. If I were in charge, I would call it (drumrole please):
Ameri(hard)corps.

Why? you ask. We live in the woods. We hike to work. We gut houses. We scoop poop. We work with kids. We share a bathroom with 10 other people. We eat cafeteria food. Every day. We have a 12 inch TV screen. If that's not hard core, I don't know what is.

Now, if only I could start that Ameri(par)corps group.

No comments:

Post a Comment