I'm here! I'm in China!
Sorry I'm a little late on the update, I've been here for almost a week now. I arrived last Thursday afternoon (early morning for most of you) without my luggage. The trip here was quite eventful. My flight from Dayton took off about 10 minutes late, which made my 45 minute layover in DC even shorter. By the time I got off the plane in DC my flight to Beijing was already boarding. I had to take the underground shuttle and by the time I got to the right terminal they were paging me, so I literally ran to the gate and was the very last person to board the plane. But I made it :) And I needed the exercise.
My luggage was not so lucky. As I had suspected might happen, it did not make it on the plane but the airline brought it to my apartment the next day.
Things are going well. We've been doing a lot of teacher training and yesterday I got to present a lesson plan to the other teachers, which went pretty well. I got a cell phone and was given a bike whose tires I plan to inflate by the end of the day. The other teachers (foreign and chinese) are all really nice and I think we will all get along beautifully.
I plan to put up some pictures of my apartment and neighborhood in my next post, so get excited.
Chronicles of my adventures and random thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wp Theme by Promiseringsdesigns | Blogger Template by Anshul
Filed Under :
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
1 comment:
Excited...
Post a Comment