I took a week off of service and went home. I went to Taylor's third birthday party, and it was really good to see a lot of my family there. I even got to spend a whole day with Taylor and my mom. Taylor made these cupcakes, and she was very excited about them.
I went running a couple times with the one and only Brittany Cook.
I got to see several of my friends at home. We went to Mexican restaurants and played Euchre (we like to have cultural experiences). I don't think I need to write a whole lot about my time at home because most of the people reading this were there when it happened.
Alayna (my college roommate) got married. Mozy (my other college roommate) and I took a road trip to Iowa for the joyous occasion. It was a ten hour trip, but it was definitely worth it. Highlights included making hundreds of chocolate-covered strawberries, dancing for several hours, and seeing Alayna and Mozy again.

This is the Mississippi River ->
Alayna got married!
Due to a crazy coincidence ( or not?) our friends Anthony and Emily Parrott live very close to where the wedding was, so we visited them and decided on a whim to go to South Dakota (why not?) since it was only an hour and a half away. They also took us on a night bike ride around the town of Okoboji, which was quite magical.
Here's me at the Sioux Falls falls. I was practicing my peace sign picture taking so I can fit in in China.
On our way back, Mozy and I took the route through Minnesota and Wisconsin to get back to Chicago, from whence I then flew to Atlanta.
All in all, a very successful week. Saw family, saw friends, visited four new states.
To see more pictures of my adventures, go here.
Filed Under :
Thursday, June 17, 2010


3 comments:
Those states aren't that new.
how dare you?.!?
Huh? (referring to Danni's comment)
Post a Comment