Chronicles of my adventures and random thoughts

Family Weekend

This past weekend my family (all 7 of them) came down to Georgia to visit and run a half marathon with me. I won't go into too much detail because about 50% of the people that read this blog were there. It was a pretty fantastic weekend overall, not very relaxing, but a lot of fun. The race was at Berry College in Rome, Georgia, which is about 1.5 hours from where I live.  Turns out that not only does Berry have the largest campus in the world, it's also one of the most beautiful. We decided to send Taylor there. Dad was most excited about the thousands of deer they had running wild all over the campus. Anyway, the four of us "kids" ran the race Saturday morning while Mom and Dad watched Taylor. We all did really well, Kevin finished in the top 10 and Julie, Keith and I all had PRs. We were pretty worn out, but we did some sightseeing/driving around in the afternoon (when in Rome . . .). Sunday we went to church, then on a tour of Inner Harbour and my campsite, and then went to a nearby State Park and did some hiking.The whole thing went by way too fast, and I was pretty sad when they all left to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment