Chronicles of my adventures and random thoughts

Fun and Games

Last night I began my first ever Dungeons and Dragons campaign. For those of you who are not familiar with this game (most of you, I hope), it is a role playing fantasy game where several people create characters for themselves and these characters become part of a narrative told by the Dungeon Master. Basically we sit around a table and role dice to see whether or not we get eaten by a six-headed horse. This game is also ranked somewhere around Star Trek conventions on the nerdiness scale.

In other news, the Colts lost the Super Bowl.  I was feeling pretty proud to be from Indiana (and still am) and glad that they made it that far, even though it was the only football game I had the chance to see this season. I did have to suffer a little ridicule when they lost; my favorite quote was, "Why is Indiana so bad at everything?" (This coming from an Iowa native, not really sure what she had to brag about).

In more positive news, our Americorps team is currently playing Assassin (aka Ambush, aka the best game ever). In this game, each player receives the name of another player and tries to assassinate that person, while avoiding being assassinated by the person who is coming after them. In our version, you assassinate a person by clipping a clothespin onto them (it can also be played with water guns). It creates a lot of excitement and paranoia in the community. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment