A flatmate, a frozen treat, a film, and a feline
Filed Under :
China
by DawnHeckman
Sunday, March 13, 2011So much has happened in the last 48 hours, I don't even know where to begin. How about the beginning?
On Friday I learned that I will be getting a new roommate. She's only going to be living with us for a couple weeks until they can get another apartment ready for her. The awesome part about this is that she is super nice and she's Chinese. She came to the school about a week ago to volunteer with us and has been translating for the beginner class. I don't know a whole lot about her but she seems to be pretty awesome and I'm excited to get to know her.
Yesterday (Saturday) my day looked something like this:
- Wake up. Eat breakfast.
- Meet Shi and Leslie. Ride bikes 10 miles to the "suburbs" of Beijing.
- Stumble upon a park. Eat picnic lunch there. Do a photo shoot.
- Go to Dairy Queen. Eat a Blizzard.
- Do a little shopping.
- Ride 10 miles home.
So, as of tomorrow, my apartment will be home to one fish, one cat, one British woman, one Chinese woman, and myself. Gotta love diversity.
In other exciting news, I saw the new (as in the one that came out in December) Harry Potter last night. It was good, but (of course) not as good as the book. And I learned how to say "Harry Potter" in Chinese (HaLi BoTe).
No comments:
Post a Comment