Yesterday was my birthday. If you missed it, then you should feel bad. But don't worry, I'm still accepting gifts.
My 24th birthday turned out to be a very good one. Mostly because Chinese birthday cakes are delicious. Also because I have awesome family and friends.
I started off the day with a 12 mile (each way) bike ride to the nearest Dairy Queen (not kidding). One of the guys here was also celebrating his 17th birthday on the same day and had been wanting to take this trip for a while, so he had planned to do it with his dad, brother, and friend, and they graciously invited me as well to celebrate my birthday with them. We got lost a few times, but the oreo cheesecake blizzard was totally worth it. Also, my bike is a piece of junk, and with about 3 miles left in the trip, one of my pedals fell completely off. But we all made it back ok.
| No horses, tractors, or bugles allowed! |
In the afternoon, I went on a little trip with my friend Jan (who is fluent in Chinese) to get my bike fixed and get a shampoo/scalp massage in the village. I've never had a scalp massage before and it was actually kind of funny more than anything.
Filed Under :
Sunday, October 3, 2010
2 comments:
Hmmm . . . physical activity, good food, games, surprises, relaxation, friends, and a little adventure (3 miles with no pedal) . . . not sure you could have had a more fun-filled birthday!! It sounds great and I can't believe you're 24!! That means next year, you'll be 25, and you know what that means for me!! Love you & miss you, Julie
sounds like you had a great birthday Dawn! Happy Belated Birthday. I'm sure the blizzard was definitely worth it!
Post a Comment